Scotiabank - Details
Day-To-Day Banking, Mortgages, Mutual Funds, GICs, RSPS, RESPs, line of credit, credit cards, Financial Planning, Loans, Self Managed Brokerage, Full Service Brokerage, Estate and Trust Services
Scotiabank - Deals
Scotiabank SCENE VISA Card: 2,000 Bonus SCENE Points, No Annual Fee
Here at RedFlagDeals.com, we talk regularly about credit cards and which provide the best value. A lot of the that conversation focuses on up market credit cards, but there are definitely other cards worth talking about. The Scotiabank SCENE VISA Card is a good example. It has rewards that a lot of people can make good use of, no annual fee, and modest requirements. We'd say it's a strong choice for someone's first credit card. Here's a closer look at the features:
- 2,000 bonus SCENE points
- No annual fee
- 19.99% interest rate on purchases, 21.99% interest rate on cash advances, balance transfers
- Earn one SCENE point for every dollar you spend
- Earn five SCENE points for every dollar you spend at participating Cineplex Entertainment theatre or online at cineplex.com
- Redeem points for free movies at Cineplex Entertainment theatres, music and other entertainment rewards
- 20% AVIS rental card discount
Up front, you get 2000 SCENE points after your first purchase -- that's 2 free movies (the equivalent of about $20). At the start of the application process, you can link it to your existing SCENE account, or create a new one.
Most other "entry level" credit cards don't have much in the way of bonuses to begin with. The Scotiabank SCENE VISA is definitely worth a look if you are student or looking for a basic credit card.
Deal source: shareresults.com