History of St. Christopher's Montessori School St. Christopher's Montessori School, a non-profit organization owned by parents and operated by a Board and a Principal, opened in the fall of 1978. It was an offshoot of the original Montessori school in Victoria, Queenswood Montessori School. When that school closed, a group of dedicated parents organized the Queenswood Montessori Society, and found a new location on the corner of Currie and Newport in Oak Bay. The early 1900's building had originally been a small primary school, later enlarged and converted to a dance studio. The Society purchased the building for $130,000 with a one dollar down payment. Over the years, a number of expansions and improvements have been made to the school and grounds. The attic was developed in 1988; a major playground project was completed in 1991; the kitchen was expanded and renovated in 1999. St. Christopher's is proud to continue the tradition of providing quality education.